Sedation dentistry helps individuals to overcome the fear of dentists. Dental anxiety affects many people and it often prevents them from getting treatments they need when problems develop in their mouths. However, most dental problems do not go away on their own. Treatment is needed to prevent the issue from getting worse, which can result…
How To Find an Experienced Cosmetic Dentist Near Me
Even though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, many people perceive a person with a radiant, perfectly aligned smile as more successful and smarter. Researchers at Kelton revealed that people with straighter smiles may have more of a chance at landing a job or scoring a second date. If you are not born with a naturally straight or white smile, a cosmetic dentist can help.
When “shopping” for a new cosmetic dentist, here are five questions to ask them based on their education and experience:
1. What are your credentials and education?
In the United States, practicing dentists must obtain a bachelor’s degree in a related field and an accredited doctorate degree in Dentistry. Other criteria that make dentists stand out among the rest include:
- Being members of professional associations (such as the American Dental Association)
- Volunteer work
- Continuing education courses that focus on cosmetic dentistry techniques and technology
2. Are you continuing your education?
With dental technology always updating, continuing education is an essential component of modern dentistry. In Arizona, dentists must renew their license every three years (which includes 72 hours of continuing education courses. Some dentists become members of continuing education groups (such as Spear Education), so that they can have the best access to workshops so that they can better serve their patients.
3. What cosmetic dentistry treatments do you offer?
Whether you need an instant upgrade or are willing to wait several months to reveal a more aesthetically pleasing smile, cosmetic dentists perform an array of treatments to fit your individualized needs. Here are seven common cosmetic dentistry treatments that most cosmetic dentists suggest:
- Teeth whitening is the fastest method to improve the look of your smile. Chairside whitening can lift eight shades of staining in a single session. If you prefer gradual results, a dentist can prescribe a professional-grade whitening gel that yields similar results with the intended use.
- Composite fillings are often preferred over metal fillings because they are more aesthetically pleasing and biocompatible. If you have an older metal filling that you don’t feel proud about, a cosmetic dentist can replace it with a composite filling.
- Dental bonding can be used to repair small chips or fill in gaps between the teeth.
- Ceramic dental crowns seamlessly strengthen or replace a tooth.
- Dental veneers are bonded to the front of the teeth to hide gaps, uneven teeth, and deep-set stains.
- Orthodontics involves straightening the teeth for a more beautiful, healthier smile. Invisalign® is a discreet and proven system for adults and teens with minor to moderate misalignment.
- A smile makeover combines any of the above treatments so that patients and dentists can work together to design a perfect smile.
4. What do your former patients say about you?
Out of hundreds of five-star reviews, here are a few things that our former patients have to say about our practice:
- “Wish I would have known about Advanced Family Dental before now! I was amazed by how kind and friendly everyone was. I finally have a beautiful smile…”
- “The front desk staff is very accommodating and professional. Vince did a wonderful job prepping me for my crown. Dr. Asadi listened to my concerns and was very gentle throughout my procedure. Thank you for the great care.”
- “Advanced Family Dentistry is very professional, clean, and treat me and my family like their own.”
How do I schedule a visit with a cosmetic dentist near Tucson, AZ?
If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in or near Tucson, AZ, look no further. At Advanced Family Dentistry, Dr. Payam K. Asadi offers a wide array of contemporary methods to enhance the appearance of your smile. Schedule an appointment with us by calling (520) 353-3002 at your earliest convenience.
Tooth loss is a serious oral health problem that affects people of all ages. After tooth loss, patients report:Concern about appearanceLoss of self-confidenceAltered speechIneffective chewingFeeling of bereavementDentists combat the consequences of tooth loss via restorative dentistry techniques, including dental bridges. Dental bridges are affordable, fixed dental prosthetic devices attached by two crowns or dental implants.…
Tucson, AZ Dentist Discusses The Difference Between Routine Dental Cleaning And Deep Dental Cleaning
Dental cleanings can be used to maintain oral hygiene, but did you know that there are many types of dental cleanings? Two of the most common types of dental cleanings are routine dental cleanings and deeper dental cleanings (root scaling and planing).Besides getting rid of the unwanted food, plaque, and tartar deposits that cause cavities,…
Lions, tigers, dentists, oh my! If you’re dreading your next trip to the dentist’s office, you’re not alone. Dentophobia (fear of dentists) is a prevalent problem among people of all ages. Some dentists offer sedation dentistry to ease anxiety and worry while patients are in their chairs to combat this issue. Sedation dentist Dr. Payam…